Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile phone when you visit most websites. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Some cookies are essential for our websites to work, for example to remember what you have added to your basket while you browse the site.
Our cookies help us to:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember any settings you may have specified during and between visits
- Improve the performance and security of our site
- Continuously improve our website for your benefit
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third pies
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Types of cookies used on this site
Specifically, we use the following cookies on this site:
First party cookies
- System cookies – core functionality: These use session cookies which are deleted after each ‘session’. When you are browsing our website(s), it will save information about your activity for the duration of your visit, but the cookie will be deleted from your computer as soon as you close your browser. Without a session cookie, each item you place in your shopping basket will disappear by the time you reach the checkout. System cookies allow the website it’s most critical functions.
- Security: We use security software on this site that may set cookies in order to determine or remember whether you have permission to perform certain actions on this site. The vast majority of visitors to this site will not receive a cookie from this software.
Third party cookies
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Facebook & Instagram remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. This is why most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default.
You can change your browser settings to refuse to set cookies if you prefer, and you can also delete any cookies already stored on your computer. However, disabling cookies may stop our website (and many others) from functioning properly.
To find out more about disabling cookies, use the Help menu in your web browser or take a look at the About Cookies website which offers further guidance.